Monday, December 3, 2018

Acting on Spiritual Promptings

Bonjour à tous!

So I just wanted to share a cool experience this week!

I am in a trio right now. And one of my companions loves to skateboard. So, Since today was P-day. We decided to look for a skate park. We wandered around town a little but couldn't find one. We finally just settled with a bike trail. 

While we were playing around, a woman passed by and I remember feeling something was off as she walked by. I didn't think much of it and we just kept playing around with the skateboard. We decided it was time to head back and we started down this bike trail. We come to somewhat of a dead end, but it was more like a random wall in the middle of this bike trail. Well the woman was sitting of the ground leaning on this wall and as we passed by, I could immediately tell that she was very sad. But we just passed by as I made eye contact with her.

As we were walking away, the thought of turning around and talking with her replayed over and over again in my head. Finally, I came to terms with myself and recognized it as the Spirit, and I knew that I had to do something about it. 

I had fallen behind the others for a moment at this point because I was rather caught up in my thoughts. And God, just to seal the deal, somehow made it so that one of my companions actually passed me the skateboard. So I took the skate board and just started going back to the woman, signalling to the others to come with me. I finally made it over back to the wall. The others caught up to me and I told them, "That woman is sad and we are going to help her, let's say a prayer." And before they could say anything about it, I prayed. 

I then we went over to the woman and sat down next to her. I don't remember everything I said, but she cried and told me everything about her life. Her mother had died recently, as well as her sister. And she had lost her job, and was just totally wrecked emotionally. I basically just told her that God loves her and then suggested that I pray with her. She agreed and I prayed for her, I blessed her in my prayer and did my best to listen to the Spirit. 

After that, I told her that we needed to go. I told her that everything would be okay. Then we left.

I hope with all of my heart that she will be humble enough to continue to pray. I know that if she does, she will be guided to the truth. 

That is the cool experience that I had today, and I definitely felt that truth of the principle that the more good things you choose to do, the more light you have in your heart.

Well I love you all! Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!