Monday, November 27, 2017

Big plans for Epinal

Bonjour à tous,

Well what a fun week this has been! Beaucoup de finding! (There's a little French for ya - it means 'a lot of finding'). We found that since no one is on the streets ever here in Épinal, we have to do a lot of door to door. So we have been doing that every day. Small ville life is very different from the life I am used to. We find ourselves with a lot of time in between plans day to day, so it has been difficult to find things that are productive to do. But we have big plans for this little town!

Since Christmas is rolling around, there is literally no better time of year than now to start getting people back to church! And here in Épinal, we have a ton of people who have not been to church for a long time! So we decided that the main work here in Épinal is to find the less active members, so we plan to visit every member on our lists (and yes that is plural "lists"). And bring them a little Christmas cheer with some cookies and an invitation! We are going to try to fill our little church to the brim this Christmas! So we are really excited for that, it will be hard, but worth it. 

I have also been losing some weight here in Épinal, we don't eat as good as my other places and we do a lot more walking, so you know 2+2=weight loss. But it's not too bad so far, I don't have an accurate number for you all but right now I weigh about 152 lbs. Maybe I will start putting exercise is my free time!

I did have a thanksgiving dinner with the district this past Wednesday. It was really good.

It is getting cold here. Yesterday it snowed a little. I am going to try to buy more thermals today and possibly some glove liners. Because this is just the start of winter in Épinal. It will get much colder. At least we have our electricity back so it's warm in our apartment.

I have been teaching myself how to play piano! Because I am the one playing piano at church. I always wanted to, but now I have the motivation! So I have learned some simple hymns with only right hand. And I just downloaded a piano manual from lds.org. So hopefully by the time I get home, I will be pretty good! It's something I enjoy and I find some peace in playing the piano.

Today for p-day, we went to a cool war torn castle! Got some cool pictures there that I will attach!

Sincerely
Elder Payne 
France, Paris Mission




Elder Payne and Elder Anderson


Epic Elder Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!