Monday, November 26, 2018

Transferred to Rouen and a broken window

Bonjour à tous,

Well so this week was rather interesting. Because I got moved to Rouen. And now my companion is a super guy named Elder David. We get along pretty well.

It was incredibly hard for me to leave Liege. I really loved the people in Liege so much. They were all so great that the night that I left, I couldn't help but feel sad. I was so excited to be in Liege and then I was moved.

This week, on Wednesday, we are going to Versailles for mission conference! I am way excited for that. And at mission conference, we are gonna get an additional companion! Elder Banton will come home with us and we will be in a trio for the rest of the transfer!

Also, I broke the church window! Let me explain. Elder David and I went to them church for some business. And there are 2 doors on the chapel, one we use the key to get in, and the other locks behind you automatically. So we got in, left the keys in the door lock, and walked out the automatic door. We got all they way to our apartment before we realized that we didn't have the keys. So we called some people, got some keys and then found out that because we left the keys in the door, we couldn't use keys to unlock the door. We were stuck. So, we called the bishop and he sent a member here who had apparently picked them door lock before because they're have had this situation before. The brother comes with some X-ray photos and tries to use those as the lockpicks. He would slide that sheet between the door and attempt to open lock like that. To no avail. By this time it was dark and he called the bishop and said that that the only way is to go in through the back and hope that one of the windows are open. He asked the bishop for permission to break a window if the windows weren't open. And the bishop said yes. So we found one of the neighbours and she was kind enough to let us into her home, climb through her bedroom window, and get into a courtyard that belongs to the church. We found that none of the windows were unlocked (big surprise) and he gave me permission to break the window to the bishops office to get in. Which I did enthusiastically.

I only cut myself a few times on the broken glass, but it was surprisingly easy to break the window (the church definitely needs an upgrade).

So yeah, I broke into the church and later learned how to pick the lock to get in. Good to know!

Also, I need to apologize to a few people who have written me letters and have not received a letter back. Namely, the Horshel family (I hope you got my letter but I don't think so), as well, the primary sent me some drawings early on in my mission that I LOVED but never responded to, and a few other people that sent me letters that I never replied to. I either sent you a letter and you never got it, or I kept meaning to send you one and never got to do it.

Otherwise, this week has been a long one. Sadly we had several cancelled appointments and stuff like that. Rouen has a lot of potential and I can tell, it's hiding, but it's there.

Well I better go! I love you all! I hope you had a great thanksgiving! (We just made a casserole for thanksgiving).

Sincerely,
Elder Jay Payne
France, Paris Mission








No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!