Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Transferring out of Liege Belgium

Bonjour à tous,

Well today was an interesting day. We woke up this morning to see that we we're both staying in Liège. But that the Soeurs (Sister Missionaries) are leaving and that there were going to be no more Soeurs in Liège because of the all time low of missionaries in the France Paris Mission. So we were preparing to take charge of all of the Sister's investigators. We were setting things up and planning for what to do next. Then, as we were leaving the apartment, we get a call from the Mission President and he told us that we are actually both leaving and Soeur Egan is going to stay! I am going to a city in the Paris zone called Rouen, and Elder Pettus is staying in this zone but going to another city called Charleroi. 

Two weeks into my time in Rouen, I will have another companion making a trio and my 14th companion! I wonder what the record is! Haha!

So I am packing my bags again! We head to Brussels tomorrow to stay the night there before we go into Paris. I am going to get rid of a bunch of stuff in my suitcases because those things have become ridiculously heavy. We also are trying to do everything we can to prepare our investigators for the change so that none of them fall through the cracks. However, the Soeurs are going to have so many lessons every week that I don't know how that will turn out. So all of our investigators are going to be taught by the Soeurs.  Liège now has 7 people that could potentially be baptized.

It's sad for Elder Pettus and I because we had three dinners planned with members this week for Thanksgiving! Ugh! I was really excited for those. I was also really excited to be spending Christmas in Liège. They are putting up a giant Christmas tree right in front of our apartment! I WANTED TO SEE THAT!

But, it's out of my control and I have faith knowing that the Mission President is following the Spirit and sending me where the Lord need me now.

Well I love you guys so much! I am excited to talk to the family at home in a month!

Sincerely
Elder Payne 
France, Paris Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!