Monday, October 8, 2018

Busy week and getting transferred to Belgium

Bonjour à tous,

So I actually tried to send a weekly last week, but for some odd reason, it wouldn't send. Sorry.

In other news, I'M GOING TO LIÉGE! Which is in Belgium. We found out this morning. And I am STOKED!

I hear so many good things about Belgium! (Minus how cold it's going to be). Plus, my companion is going to be Elder Pettus! I served with him for 2 weeks at the beginning of my mission and he's a cool guy, super chill. I'm very excited, the food there is rumored to be amazing, the people apparently are very friendly, and I'm also district leader again! 

So on to what happened this week!

Well, we started off by repairing the branch presidents wheelchair! Which I deeply enjoyed doing. Anyone who knows me knows how much I like to create things and fix things. So I really enjoyed doing that for him. It was a simple job, not to complicated. 

On Monday, we got a surprise call from the sisters of Tours and Orleans saying that they were in Blois for the next 4-5 hours because the bus they wanted to take to go to the Chambord castle wasn't running that day! So we took the opportunity to go to the Blois Castle! It was actually really cool and I really liked it! We had a good time.

On Wednesday, we went to Bourges for exchanges and that was awesome, nothing crazy to say there. And then on Thursday, we went straight from Bourges to Orleans for District meeting. We had a great district meeting. And then we literally ran to catch the train (which I absolutely HATE doing). Then on Friday, we went out to Paris to get Elder Nilssons visa work done. That went well. That was probably the first time I've been to Paris for visa work and nothing went wrong. Something always goes wrong, miss a train, train gets cancelled, forgot something. 

Then on Saturday we went and helped a member pick up hazelnuts in his back yard. We gave a good spiritual message and then watched general conference which was awesome! We haven't been able to watch all of the sessions yet, but of what I watched I really liked it! Not to mention, 2 hour church is going to make inviting investigators a lot easier now. Cuz we don't have to tell them that it's 3 hours!

Again, I'm sorry for the lack of weeklies lately. I really did try!

Also, Belinda is still doing super well! She came to watch general conference! And she also bore testimony to us about just how serious she is about getting baptized! She is going to the temple this next weekend!

Sincerely
Elder Payne 
France, Paris Mission
Elder Payne and Elder Nilsson








No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!