Thursday, September 27, 2018

Committed to Selfless Service

Bonjour à tous,

It was a long week for Elder Nilsson and I, since today is p-day and not this past Monday. So we had to go an abnormally long time before p-day. I found out what it means when the apostles say that it's good to work, but your body and mind need a rest every once in a while. 

I had a cool experience this week! After zone conference, we had a couple hours before our train home. So we went to go get dinner while still in Paris with some other elders. Well we had a bunch of leftover Subway sandwiches from lunch with the Zone and Elder De Geus volunteered to take them. What I didn't know is what he would do with the food. So we were all walking to a restaurant for dinner, and I noticed that he had fallen behind, so I walked over to him and found him giving a sandwich to a homeless person. He just smiled and gave the man a sandwich. Then we kept walking and he gave another sandwich out. And he just kept giving sandwiches out to homeless people. I just stood there amazed at what I was seeing. I had been looking for a way to really serve people. He told me that he had been doing that every zone conference for 3 transfers. And I just love that idea. That is such a good way to show our faith and love. So I helped him hand out all of the sandwiches. It was 200% worth it. I have committed myself that I will do the same thing in my next zone. 

I did some good service this week! Elder Nilsson and I helped to repair our branch presidents wheelchair. I was very happy to use my skills to help serve someone in a big way.

In other news, one of our investigators has quit smoking!!! She was so excited to be a non-smoker. She told us the other day "je ne cours plus, je vol!" Which translated is " I don't run anymore, I fly!" She is awesome, I don't see any reason why she would not be baptised in October.

So that is awesome news as well, Olivier is getting the ordained a Deacon in the Aaronic priesthood on Sunday!

Transfer day is in 2 weeks. If I get transferred, I hope to go to Paris so that I can finally serve there and also know my way around the city. I may be in Paris when Christmas comes around. But we will see.

I love you! Have a great fin de la semaine! (Have a great rest of the week!)

Elder Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!