Monday, October 15, 2018

First Letter from Liege Belgium

Bonjour à tous,

Well I am no longer in Blois! In fact I am no longer in France! I am in Belgium!!!

Liége is awesome! It's a pretty big city. And the apartment is almost brand new to the missionaries. The old apartment was in a rougher part of the city. But now we are placed pretty much in town square. Our apartment is right next to Place Saint Lambert. There is a large open area and a huge old building right next to us.  Belgium is very different from France, the food is closer to American style food. The architecture is literally just bricks EVERYWHERE. In town, there aren't really  any houses, just lots of 2 story apartments everywhere, and they all look very similar because they are all made of brick.

I came in last Wednesday, and my new companion is named Elder Pettus. I was actually in a trio with him in the beginning of my mission! He's a great guy and I'm excited to work more with him. 

Anyway I'm also district leader again, so that's fun. I'm trying really hard right now to do what I can because the ward here in Liége has a lot of potential. I can tell that all this ward needs is a catalyst. Someone to come in and really make a difference, I hope to be able to help all the people I can in this ward so that we can really do the Lord's work. I pray to know what to do on that front.

For general conference last week, I got that chance to listen to some of women's conference as well! And I really liked the talk by Joy D. Jones. She talked a lot about service and that was actually one of my big study topics at the moment. I have really learned how to serve others in a meaningful way. And now I have been trying really hard to find ways to really serve people. Sometimes that just means to put a smile on their face when they feel down. But that is where real joy comes from. Serving others.

Speaking of service, I got to help a member here build a roof for his shed! And for those of you who know me well, I love Carpentry, so I got to work with wood a little bit. That was fun, and we will probably go back this week to finish the job.

Well I hope you all are having a great time! If not, serve someone!

I love you all!

Sincerely
Elder Payne 
France, Paris Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!