Monday, July 23, 2018

The work continues in Blois for Elders Nilsson and Payne

Bonjour à tous,

This week was pretty awesome! We met some new people and felt the spirit often!

We helped a family move on Friday, I was sad to see then leaving, because they are really awesome. They moved to Dijon. Also, the new transfers came! I am staying in Blois with Elder Nilsson for another six weeks! Which is good, I like Blois and I really like where the work is going here. 

I'm gonna be honest, I don't really remember much about this week. We met with a new ami and she introduced us to her friend! Who is super awesome and was a lot more prepared for the gospel than she was. So we met with her, and her friend. The rendez-vous was awesome and they both committed to pray and read the book of mormon (we later found out that the girl hadn't read or prayed, but the guy did.) The girl then told us that she's not the one who needs our message, but that the guy needs a lot of help and she gave us his address and told us to go find him because he needs us. So we did. He wasn't home, but no big deal, I'm a missionary, I'll go back several times if I have to!

After that we ate at the home of an American family named Rowley. Eric Rowley is the guy that is here for work for a year and his family is here to visit him. Classic American meal. I felt right at home. I have never felt more comfortable in a members home during my mission. It was awesome. And I got a free haircut! Woo-hoo!

I made sopapillas a few days ago and BOOOOOY they were soooooo good. Shout out to my mom for sending me the recipe!

I am also apparently the cat whisperer. Because almost every cat I come across on my mission comes when I call it. So yeah, cats aren't evil people, sorry to break the news.

Well I need to clean the apartment. Have a great week everyone! I love you all!

Sincerely
Elder Payne 
France, Paris Mission


Elder Payne - the cat whisperer


Beautiful View

Sopapillas!!

Elders Payne and Nilsson with the Rowleys?

Zone Conference



No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!