Monday, July 9, 2018

Learning to Use the Spirit More Effectively

Bonjour à tous!

Well this past week was interesting. We went to Paris for exchanges with the Zone Leaders. And that was good, nothing much to report there.

Something that is really cool that has been happening is our efforts in Blois. I had the idea while I was still with Elder Sebryk that I could try a new way of finding the people who are ready for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The idea is centered on using the spirit to the maximum. Every missionary knows that tracting door-to-door and contacting on the streets is incredibly inefficient. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack. We go out and walk around and talk to everyone in hopes that we will find that one person who is searching.

So what we do now is every morning, we try our best to feel the spirit during personal study. And then before we do any proselyting, we pray personally to make sure that we do indeed have the spirit with us. After that, we get together and pray as a companionship to know what to do. Then we go out and follow the spirit to the best of our ability. The idea is that we follow literally the challenge given in the scriptures.

Doctrine and Covenants 42:13-14
And they shall observe the covenants and church articles to do them, and these shall be their teachings, as they shall be directed by the Spirit. 
And the Spirit shall be given unto you by the prayer of faith; and if ye receive not the Spirit ye shall not teach.

And that is what we have decided to do as a companionship. And let me tell you, the fruit is good. I have seen miracle after miracle, day after day. And I feel like I have been the doing my best to improve. It's amazing and I see God's hand in my life every day. I am so blessed right now that it's not even funny. 

I feel that I have found the key to effective missionary work. And I wouldn't have found it if I had not gone through the trials that I did. 

So that has been amazing to watch. And that was the highlight of my week.

I love you all!

Sincerely
Elder Payne 
France, Paris Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!