Monday, July 16, 2018

Staying in Blois

Bonjour à tous,

Well this past week was pretty great! And I am still seeing miracles every day! I am learning a lot of lessons (many of which I learned the hard way).

I am so grateful for this wonderful district and the ability and opportunity I had to serve them on a meaningful level. Thankfully, I am still the District leader here in Blois. And I am very happy about that. 

One of our amis is coming to the temple with us on Saturday! I am incredibly excited for that because the temple has always been a wonderful place for me, and one of the only places on earth where I can feel genuine peace and refuge from the world. So I am very excited to be able to share a little bit of my passion for the temple with one of our amis. We also had to change his baptismal date, some family issues.

Also, this past week I have again seen the hand of God in my life. He answers every single one of my prayers.

I have been learning how to make crepes and I must say, I've gotten decent at it. I've made crepes for dinner about once a week now. I'm starting to really figure it out.

I have begun to look into my family history as well. I figure that during the Mission, I don't have a way to really do work to find these ancestors, but I can learn about them. So I have been using the family tree app to learn about my ancestors. And I must say that I feel like I have more of a real relationship with these people now. I know some of there stories and have taken a real interest in it. It really is interesting to learn about who they were and to understand what kind of people I came from.

I learned an especially large amount about the man I was named after, Jay Payne. Who was my great uncle. It is amazing to read about the legacy that was left behind for me.

Anyway, so this is a little bit on what's going on in my life. Also, France just won the world cup for soccer. And man, France went crazy that day. We actually were told that we needed to be home by 5 because that's when the game started. And people in France tend to be a little crazier when things like this happen. France likes to get really loud and crazy when the world cup comes around.

But we were safe so no worries there. 

Well I love you all! I will see you in about 8 months! Have a good week!

Sincerely
Elder Payne 
France, Paris Mission



No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!