Monday, April 2, 2018

Busy Week and Strange Dinner

Hi!

General conference was good! I missed the first session because we had to listen to it in French. I understood everything but because I was focusing hard on the words I didn't retain anything.

Otherwise, I really liked general conference! I haven't watched all of it because the time change means that we haven't been able to watch the last session. It was 10pm here when it aired. So I will catch up on it later.

This week was alright, we had exchanges in Le Mans, then zone conference in Paris. Then we had district meeting in Tours. So I was outside of Blois quite a bit.

Well something interesting that happened this week was we met a woman whose name in our phone was "DO NOT CALL". That was interesting. She called us and I didn't know who she was but she really really wanted us to come over and eat with her. So me in my little innocent "I don't turn anyone down" mindset, accepted and set up a rendez-vous. She seemed a little different over the phone. So we went and she actually lives really close to us. We found her apartment and walked up and we met her, literally the instant I saw her I knew exactly how the rendez-vous was gonna go. She was quite odd, not dangerous, just very odd.  I was a little worried when the cup of soda had floaties in it. And we found a strand of hair in the food. And the dessert was burned. It was interesting, to say the least. We tried to teach her, so at first we asked her if she knew who we were. And she said "are you doctors?" So she didn't even know who we were. We basically just were nice to her and talked and got out as soon as possible. She gave us candles. So that was fun.

Don't worry, I'm safe, I'm cautious when it comes to meeting new people. 

Well I love you all!
Sincerely,
Elder Payne
France, Paris Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!