Saturday, April 15, 2017

First P-day at the MTC

Dear Home,

Hey everyone! I miss you guys already! 

I'm 3 days into the mission and today is my first P-day! I think I'm going to like the MTC, it is fun  and a lot of hard work. I'm learning so much and I'm just about drowning in French. I have learned more about French in the last 3 days than I did in most of high school. My teachers only speak to us in french, sometimes English if we really don't understand something. 

My companion is a pretty cool Elder and we get along well. His name is Elder Hayes and he's from here in Bountiful. I've made friends pretty easily with the rest of my district.  Surprise! I'm the District Leader! Which basically means I have some chores while in the MTC. My district is 8 people, 6 Elders and 2 Sisters. Most of us going to Paris if not Lyons. The Gift of Tongues is real, I'm already starting to think in French. I have made a lot of new friends already and I think that that will help me a lot throughout my mission.

I think that Kim Warren was weird because I love the chocolate milk here, any chocolate milk to me is gold. I think the food here is awesome if you know what you want. Yesterday I had a sad imitation of a Navajo Taco. Oh, and Elder Nakamura (Annie Nakamura's brother) is my zone leader! He's really cool and is always willing to help, not to mention he let me use his 505 Green chile on the Navajo Taco and that made it 5 times better. 

One of the interesting things here are the rules. Some of the rules are pretty odd but make sense. One of the biggest rules here is rule Trente-trios (rule 33). Which means no flirting. Which is a lot harder to do than I thought. There is so much to learn here and I feel like going to the MTC is like trying to drink from a fire hose. But I love it.

6 weeks doesn't seem like much but to me right now it feels like a long time. I have a long ways to go. And BTW my P-days to write back are every Friday. But I can read my emails any time.

Sincerely Elder Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!