Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Elder Payne - Boldly Following the Spirit

Bonjour à tous,

This past week was actually pretty good! It was long in the moment, but when I look back on it, it was good!

The weather here has been warming up just a little. Enough to not wear a coat over the suit. Which is literally the best thing ever to me. I definitely hate the cold Haha.

One of our less active members came to church! Which is great because we have been working with him and really trying to help him out. He is such a happy guy and he just cheers up everyone around him. It was funny how happy he was to be at church, he was almost giggly! Which is hilarious because he's a 70 something year old man, and when he laughs he just kinda wheezes hahaha.

Today we went and played some frisbee out in a park and got the frisbee stuck in a tree, and it took us a long time of throwing rocks, sticks, and shaking the branches to get it down. But in the end it was fun! And nice to do something a little out of routine. 

We have zone conference this week and I realized not too long ago that it will be my last zone conference! Which means I get to bear my testimony in zone conference. That's when you know you're an old missionary. Haha!

We had a lesson this week with a man that has known the missionaries for over 30 years, but has never come to church. That was an interesting lesson because I've never had to be so bold in a lesson before. It was hard for me because I've never had to do that before and I basically had to tell him that he hasn't prayed about Joseph Smith because he's afraid the answer will be yes Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. But I think he needed it and we definitely left him with a lot to think about. So we hope that he prays to know the truth. 

So this week I learned about being bold, and how to not doubt the spirit when it tells you to do things that you're afraid of doing.

Well have a great week everyone! I know I will! I love you guys!

Sincerely,
Elder Jay Payne 
France, Paris Mission

Parent Note:  We were able to video chat with Elder Payne for about 1/2 hour.  It was awesome to see and talk to him.  Thanks to the new church missionary policy.

Missionary able to call home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!