Monday, May 21, 2018

Excited to work with the new Branch Mission Leader


Bonjour à tous,

C'était une bonne semaine! My companion is on the last 2 weeks of his mission! So we are making sure to work as hard as ever and do everything he wants before he leaves. 

We have a new Branch Mission Leader! He is awesome and I can't wait to really work with him. He is kicking the work here into shape and has a lot of motivation to get things done, which is awesome because now we have a chance to do some member missionary work. As all missionaries know, member missionary work is the best kind and it's the most effective. And our new DMB is really gung-ho for that. 

This Saturday is my Birthday!!!! I'm really excited! I will be 21 for the rest of my mission. I feel like I'm still 19. It's weird how life works like that. I am patiently waiting for my birthday package from my parents. I will take pictures of it when it arrives so you all can see. But mainly so that I can have the pictures forever. 

We had some exchanges this week and me and Elder Langley (love that guy) went to a nearby lake. Well I love to skip rocks, it's something I used to do all the time when near lakes and rivers. So I was bent on skipping a few rocks. Instead, we got stopped by a young couple and ended having a 40ish minute long discussion with them about life. They were really cool and although we didn't get to share a formal gospel message with them, it was still really cool to be able to tell them who we are and what we are doing here.

So that was a cool little moment. 

My Pimente plants are starting to flower! I will attach a picture.

Well that is it for the week, I had a great time talking with my family last Sunday! 

Talk to you next week!

Sincerely
Elder Payne 
France, Paris Mission

On our Mother's Day call Elder Payne noted that all 'pepper' or 'chile' plants are called pimento in France. So we don't know what kind of peppers they will be yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!