Monday, March 5, 2018

Beauty and the Beast Ville

Bonjour a tous,

This week was a lot of fun! Things are going generally well here in Épinal! The coldest of the cold passed last week, a whopping -10 celcuis! Which is incredibly cold for a couple of guys who are outside for most of the day. I felt like my ears were going to fall off. It was apparently a really cold wind that came in from Russia. So now we have a joke about the Russian winds every time someone is cold hearted with us. So that's good. 

For the last p-day, I mentioned that we were going to the villes that Beauty and the Beast were based off of. 

In fact, apparently there are 2 little towns that together make the basis of the story. We went to both. One called Riquewhir, and the other Ribeauvillé. Both of them absolutely stunning. They are these very old, traditional towns, and they just were awesome! I found a fromagerie(cheese store) and it was really cool to see giant blocks of cheese. I love French cheese so much, in 1 year I am going to come home eating blue cheese and brie and goat cheese by the spoonful and you all are gonna think I'm crazy! Haha. Cheddar will never be the same again.  To get there, we got to go through the longest tunnel in France. Driving at about 50mph, it still took about 10 minutes from start to finish. It was pretty cool! We hiked up to the 2 castles, which when the air is cold and you are at high altitudes...it was a tough hike. I just learned to take my time and everything was ok. But it was really cool! I also found a gift shop that sold old crossbows, swords, and armor! You can imagine how excited I was. Another Elder named Elder Ludwig has kinda the same tastes that I do. So we were both super excited. Anyway, that was a pretty cool day.

I took some cool pictures of ice and the views and the castles we hiked up to. I will definitely include those.

The work here is going good as well, I think we now have more progressing investigators than new ones. We have been packed with rendez-vous and not much time for finding! Which is great, but now I'm afraid that once these people aren't investigators, we won't have any! This next week we set a goal to find more people in expecting that to happen.

I got a haircut this week, and it is actually really good. We went to the same coiffeur(hairstylist) as last time. But this time I brought a picture with me of how I wanted it. It was a different lady this time cutting my hair. I showed her the picture once and she got it perfectly. I barely had to explain  anything. I could tell that she took her time and really tried to make it good. I really appreciated that so I tipped her, might have been the best haircut in France if not the second best. 

Yesterday we deep cleaned the apartment because we are going to have apartment inspections this coming Thursday. And now a nice, clean apartment feels nice. Elder Anderson and I decided early on in our time together to get our own silverware and stuff. So we each have our personal dishes that we keep clean all the time. It's pretty efficient and we don't have to do dishes very often. And to Logan and Courtney, I use that new Mexico mug literally every day and I love it and it is the only cup I ever use in the apartment. So shout out to that! 

Anyway, here are those pictures! I love you all!

Sincerely
Elder Payne 
France, Paris Mission













.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!