Monday, February 12, 2018

New Technology in Epinal

Bonjour a tous,

Well this week was a blast, and also hard. But mostly a blast!

This week we went and tried door to door in a village just north of us, within walking distance. It was a beautiful walk there with the river on your left and green fields on your right. I keep hearing from locals that this city is absolutely beautiful in the late spring and early summer. So I hope I get to see that. Because this city is covered in nature and I would love to see all of the trees with leaves on them!

We also just got new smartphones! They work so well and they are so much faster than the little Nokias we had before. Given, less tough, but we have the kind of smartphone that is supposed to be tougher than the average smartphone. I don't know if they are "missionary tough" but so far so good. The members really like sending us emojis haha.

One of our investigators, Sylvie Blanchard is very cool. In fact she and her family are so cool that they are taking us out to dinner on Valentine's day! We love them so much! Sylvie is like, the missionary mom here in epinal, she loves to help us out. And her kids are awesome too.

I got a new suit today for free! For the entire time I've been in Épinal, there was this bag of clothes by elder Anderson's dresser, and I always thought that it was his stuff. So I never touched it. Today he told me that it belonged to another elder who finished his mission here and the stuff is up for grabs. So I looked and found 2 ties, some clean socks, and a nice suit! It is light grey and actually fits me like a charm.

This week is yet another nice, busy week. Oh and another funny thing. Anyone who knows me can tell you that I like to tinker. I enjoy building things. And for the past month or so, I have been wanting to get a stylus for me tablet. Well I discovered by way of accident that batteries work on touch-screens.  So I made my own stylus, using nothing but tin foil and a AAA battery. Here is a picture!

Well I love you all! Have a good week!

Sincerely
Elder Payne 
France, Paris Mission



No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!