Monday, February 19, 2018

Letter from Epinal - Feb 19 - Starting to Think in French

Bonjour a tous,

Well, I can officially say that my French brain is beginning to really take over. Every once in a while I will find myself speaking French and not even thinking about it. Which is a good sign. This week in general was pretty good! We found 2 new investigators, which is awesome! That's 2 more souls that we are helping! And most likely 3 because one of the 2 has a son.

This week I got sick, nothing serious, mostly just a cold and a headache. But nevertheless still annoying. I'm still recovering now from it. I fear my companion has begun to contract it as well. We will see how it goes. I also learned a tonguetwister in French. It's all based around the word foi. (La foi=faith, le foi=liver, foi=times, and the ville called Foi.) I'm too lazy right now to type it out, I can record myself on audio saying it for you guys though. And yes, I believe that audio recordings are ok to send home. Because missionaries do that in the MTC. But I will ask my mission president in my email to him today and find out for sure. If it's not ok, this will be my last one.

Anyway, we went out to dinner on Valentine's day with an ami and her family. We went to a place called Buffalo Grill. It was pretty good! And after that she made us a cake at her house (well it was pre-made but you know what I mean). It was good and they apparently went online and watched the entire Joseph Smith movie about his life and they really liked it! We want to show them 17 miracles eventually. 

Also, we visited all of the referrals from that member in Mulhouse! The first was a guy in Thaon named Jose. He was super cool and is actually progressing really well right now with no interruptions as far as we know. We went to Remiremont to find the other 2 people and found 1. She works at a perfume store there and we walked in, found her, and told her about how the member Jeremie gave us this Book of Mormon and asked us to give it to her. She was really surprised and one of her coworkers saw our tags and recognized us as the Mormons, you know, the ones who live in communities and practice polygamy! Wonderful... But as far as we know, she has a Book of Mormon and our number if she wants to meet with us. The last referral we found because we called her and she said she had actually moved to Épinal! So we met her last night and she is really nice and has had a really hard life. She and her son are refugees. So you can imagine the life they've had. Anyway, they are really nice and we have a return rendez-vous with them this Friday! 

So needless to say, we are doing pretty well here in Épinal. I am really excited for it to warm up here because this place would be beautiful if it was green! All I see is potential!

Well I love you all, and here is the recording!

Sincerely
Elder Payne 
France, Paris Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!