Monday, February 5, 2018

Learning to be more Spiritual in Epinal

Bonjour a tous,

Well the email was originally longer than this and then I accidentally deleted it. I'm sad because now I have to rewrite this email.

Well, to put it in short terms, this was an interesting week.

We met with an ami named Jacque last Monday, he invited us to eat at his house, he also invited 5 other women as well with the intention of presenting us to the girls. He tried his VERY best to make us look good in front of the girls. That was an interesting night, one of the girls took interest in us but not the message. That was awkward for everyone.

Other than that, we got 3 new amis this week and Bobby and Salome came to church again! It was a fast Sunday, so we had a very spiritual Sunday with testimonies. I hope they liked it and felt the spirit, because I definitely did.

We have another rendez-vous with our new amis this Wednesday, they are really cool and seem interested. They also love americans! :)

Well we had a fun week and this one is shaping up to be promising. I actually have been really improving recently in terms of teaching boldly. The day I realized that I don't know how to be bold was definitely a turning point in my mission. A logic chain keeps going through my head (I have become a much more logical person recently). It is a series of Q and A's.

Q:how does one teach boldly?
A:with the Spirit

Q:how does one get the Spirit during a lesson?
A:testifying or speaking of an eternal truth

Q:how does one testify?
A:speak of the things close to you heart

Q:how does something get close to your heart?
A:personal spiritual experience

So you can see that in order to teach boldly, you must testify of the things that are close to your heart. The things that you have had experience with that have changed you. It was then I realized that I do not know exactly how some of the things that I teach have affected me personally, therefore, I cannot testify as powerfully of something I do not have a strong testimony of. So I have been trying really hard lately to change and grow a testimony of everything that I teach so that I can testify and invite the Spirit into every place that I testify in. 

I have seen a drastic difference lately, and it has helped me be happier, more successful, more spiritual and sensitive to spiritual promptings, and bolder.

So that was a cool experience I had and am having. It really really helps. I also took some pictures this week!

Love you all!

Sincerely
Elder Payne 
France, Paris Mission

Elder Payne in his favorite habitat - the forest

.
Elder Payne enjoying some dinner provided by some of the church members



No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!