Monday, February 26, 2018

Goodbye old shoes

Bonjour a tous!

This week was packed! But somehow, this next week seems more packed. So that means that my weeks keep getting busier, or I'm not as busy as I think. Anyway, we now have created a good teaching pool and I must admit, as important as finding on the streets is, it's really nice to have a day where we actually didn't have time to do finding. If you guys remember, finding is all I did when first I came in to Épinal. It's been really nice hearing people tell me I've really turned this place around, because I was trying my best and now the fruits are evident. We are really happy to finally be able to meet with people who aren't members but who still want to meet with us. 

Just yesterday, some of our amis (Sylvie Blanchard, some of you might have heard about her) one of their cats died recently. And me, being a natural cat person, I was able to relate to them and especially the mother, because the cat was the last living tie between her and her mother. So I was able to console a little bit and we actually had lunch with them today and I think we brought them a little happiness. They really appreciate us.

We also have been meeting with a woman from Armenia, she is super nice, I think I mentioned her in my last email, her son is incredibly shy but also cool! He is honestly a really good guy that's just shy. Well she fed us some weird fermented walnuts, apparently it's a popular food in Greece. They were okay, but they might have had alcohol in them. I'm not sure, but I didn't get sick or anything so ça va. 

One of our amis, Jose, is progressing really well right now, he came to church today, Sylvie and her family did too! So that makes 4 amis at church today, which is pretty much unheard of for several months. Jose was really happy at church today, he seemed to like it and he said that he is really excited to come again! I really hope that everything goes well. He doesn't have any big questions about the church, but we also haven't taught him everything yet. The plan of salvation is usually a speed bump that we got over pretty easily. But I wonder what he will think about the Word of Wisdom, or tithing. Some of the more difficult ones to commit to living. But all will go well with time and testimony and the Spirit.

Today, we are going to Saint Dié for p-day and then staying for exchanges. We are taking a tiny road trip to the small town that the original Beauty and the Beast was based off of! It's super pretty and we are going to do a hike to the castle! I will make sure to get the best pictures possible for everyone! That will honestly be a blast because we are the best of friends with the Elders there. So we are really excited. And we actually won't be getting back to Épinal until Wednesday night, because we have district meeting on Wednesday in Nancy. Lots of travel this week. 

Today with Sylvie, she gave us a bunch of cool stuff like Épinal postcards and stuff like that. She also gave us full maps of France, so now I have a more detailed version of my mission map that shows everywhere I've been in france. So that's cool.

Also, the original shoes I bought before my mission are a bit worn out. I bought new shoes for 20 Euros (to repair the old ones would've cost 50). So I just went to a super cheap clothing store here and me and Elder Anderson searched for probably 30 minutes finding the and deducting the best shoes I could buy at a low price. The new ones I got have rubber soles, that's good.  So I put the old shoes in a charity box for clothing and stuff. RIP:'( 

Well I think that will do it for this week, I love you all!

Sincerely
Elder Payne 
France, Paris Mission


Goodbye old shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!