Monday, October 23, 2017

Planning for Ward Activity

Bonjour à tous,

Well this past week was fun, we had stake conference, and some exchanges. Elder Merritt and I are preparing for a Halloween activity this coming weekend with the branch. We discovered that Satan thrives in a Halloween store called Festi. We went there to look for decorations, and we walked around a little, and pretty much nothing there was appropriate for a church function. Either too dark, or other things... We walked out and both realied that as soon as we walked in, we just had a bad feeling. And throughout the store, we just had this bad feeling linger with us until we were home after that. So yeah, glad I have the Priesthood. 

We have decided that Elder Merritt's favorite movie that we watch is a church video called Together Forever. Which is all about marriage and the family. It's a great video, and I've seen it maybe 5 times in the past 2 weeks. But it does bring the spirit, so ça va. 

I also got my hair cut this week by a member, it's better than it was before! It got really long, but I also discovered that I like my hair longer! And we got a mangez-vous out of it, so win-win.

I have discovered that chocolate here is rated by what percentage of the chocolate it actually cacao. So this week I tried some 47% cacao, that's the picture I put of a wrapper. And I also tried 81% cacao. Which is borderline gross, but the aftertaste was pretty good. The picture of the cracker is a Nantes cracker that a member gave me! I was so excited.

Other than that, I honestly have trouble remembering this week. This week just kinda flew by, I can't remember if I mentioned this last week, but 2 weeks ago, Wednesday marks 6 months on the mission! I might've already mentioned that. Crazy stuff!

The last picture is me and my MTC comp meeting again at conference.

Anyway, I love you all! Have a great week!

Sincerely
Elder Payne 
France, Paris Mission




Nantes cracker

Chocolate label
Elder Jay Payne and Elder Hayes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!