Saturday, May 20, 2017

Last letter from the MTC!

Dear Everyone,

This week has been pretty busy, we all went to in-field orientation for almost ten hours yesterday, which is where they tell you everything you didn't already know about the field (serving a mission in France). I have 3 days left! I'm so excited to get out of here! A little nervous about the plane, but I will just sleep the whole time and be all right. The Branch President told us that we aren't allowed to actively proselyte on the plane because the airport has called with complaints about the missionaries bugging everyone.

These last couple of days are full of getting our last lessons in, departure devotional on Sunday,  also we are singing a musical number of the EFY Medley on Sunday in sacrament meeting. That will be awesome. I heard from one of the Elders in my district that the Paris mission is a losing weight mission because of how much you walk in comparison to the food they give you, which is mostly bread and cheese. 

I will have a refrigerator in France, so you guys can send me things like green chile. Which I need, by the way.

Alright, I know everyone has something exciting going on in life now, so PLEASE email me! If you haven't sent me an email...and you know who you are, please email me. Logan and Courtney set the bar real high by sending me green chile!

Sincerely,
Elder Payne

www.mormon.org  has great information about the church that Jay will be sharing with the people of France.

If you need Jay's e-mail address just post a comment (which won't be published) and I will send you the e-mail address.  Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Elder Payne - Home!

Elder Payne arrived home at 11:10pm March 28, 2019. Thanks everyone for your support and prayers!